Monday, November 9, 2009

Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies


These cookies made my whole house smell like chocolate, coffee, cinnamon and vanilla. What more could a girl want? I only made a half batch, but I'm wishing I had made more. Want a closer look?


Don't you want a glass of milk right now? I know you do. Go ahead and make these puppies. You won't regret it!


Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies 
(adapted from a Hershey's recipe found in Southern Living, September 2001)

(printable recipe)
2 cups butter or margarine, softened
4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar (I used dark, because that's what I had)
4 large eggs from happy hens
2 teaspoons vanilla (just because I love vanilla)
5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Hershey's Cocoa (I mixed regular and dark, mostly regular)
1/4 cup instant coffee granules (I used instant Espresso)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

1 (10 oz.) package Hershey's Cinnamon Chips

  • Beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, vanilla and instant coffee granules, beating until blended.
  • Combine flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in cinnamon chips.
  • Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto parchment covered baking sheets.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 8 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails