Chicken tenders...Chicken fingers...whatever you call them, they're definitely Richard's favorite food group. This recipe is his specialty, that he got off of the Bisquick box. If Richard's cooking dinner, you can bet it will be these. He prefers his with ketchup, but I think they're great with a honey mustard dipping sauce.
Quick and Easy Chicken Tenders
1 pound chicken tenderloins (I cut these in half)
2/3 cup Bisquick (or your own baking mix)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons butter (melted) or olive oil if you'd rather
- Mix together the baking mix, cheese, salt and paprika in a shallow dish or plastic bag. If your cheese is in large pieces, you may want to give it a whir in your blender or food processor to make it more of the consistency of the stuff in the green can. It sticks to the chicken pieces better!
- Lightly beat the egg and put it in a shallow dish.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or a light coating of olive oil.
- Dip chicken pieces first into egg and then in the dry mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces onto baking sheet.
- Drizzle melted butter or olive oil over the chicken pieces.
- Bake @ 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes, turning pieces over after about 6 minutes.