Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shh...Dont Tell.


Don't tell the secret ingredient, that is. Not until everybody has asked for seconds. And even then I'd think about it twice if I were you. Call it spice cake...that would work. Plum cake. Dried plum cake. Dried plums as in prunes, the much maligned cousins of raisins. Please don't let the fact that it is a prune cake stop you from making it. The cake is spicy and moist, and the glaze is good enough to eat all by itself. And there are no ill effects from eating this prune cake. I promise.

This is Grandma Iny's Prune Cake. Not my grandma... Pioneer Woman's grandma. You can find the recipe here on her website. Complete with detailed photos and directions, and her unique sense of humor. I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. you are SICK!!! That's ALL I'm gonna say! Prunes & raisins uck! If GOD had wanted us to eat Plums and Grapes that way he would have MADE them that way :o)
    Have a GREAT week-end! I'm having microwave cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, we'll never tell....but you never know how those prunes might do the speaking for themselves! It might be difficult keeping THEM quiet. The cake sounds delicious, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails