There's something about a salty and sweet combination that's hard to resist, and when you add chocolate, it's even better! These treats are quick and easy to make, and the cute factor is seriously high. A friend told me about them (Thanks Phyllis!) and the ingredients just happened to jump into my grocery cart. I wish I'd known about them last week...I could have made them for Dr. Seuss's birthday. Wouldn't they be cute in green? (Note to self: Remember these next year.)
Eggs and bacon...they're not just for breakfast anymore.
Bacon and Eggs Candy Pretzels
thin pretzel rods
white chocolate (candy melts, white chocolate chips, white chocolate bark)
- On a piece of waxed paper or parchment, arrange pretzel rods in pairs for the bacon. (Break them into desired lengths if they're too long.)
- Melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Drizzle (either with a spoon or a piping bag) a small amount of melted white chocolate onto the center of the two pretzels.
- Before the chocolate hardens, place an M&M on top to look like the egg yolk.
- Let harden before carefully peeling the candy off of the paper. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.