Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blooms

So sorry for the "blog-cation." It's been a busy time and I just haven't been in the kitchen very much. Until I get back up to speed, I'll treat you to a photo of the clematis blooming in my yard right now. It's the only one that has survived hubby's "Round-Up" sprees. (It seems that poison ivy has the nasty tendency to climb, uninvited, on any vertical surface in my yard, and I have the nasty tendency to catch poison ivy practically by looking at it.) The variety? Who knows. The tag disintegrated years ago.

 
I do love the deep purple color with just a streak of pink through the center of each petal.



Of course, I also have lots of these as well. They do make lovely yellow flowers, don't they? Some say that weeds are just flowers growing in the wrong place. Dandelions, anyone? I'm sure I'll have enough to share.

1 comment:

  1. I was beginning to worry about you!!!
    Hey...I have those "flowers" in your bottom photo too! Well at least I did until tonight when I mowed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails