Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Berry Picking Time!


Strawberries are ripe in my neck of the woods! They've been plentiful in the grocery stores, but nothing beats fresh strawberries right off of the vine. They smell and taste ambrosial! I picked these from my brother's berry patch this weekend, and they are delicious. It was hard to stop picking even when my bucket was full, and I'm in a quandary over what to make with them. (That actually might not be so hard for me to decide if the berries keep disappearing from the refrigerator at the rate they've been going.)


As sweet and delectable as strawberries are right out of the patch, they're also good dressed up with a little cream cheese dip that's super easy to whip up in a jiffy. All you need is an 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened) and a large jar of marshmallow cream. Whip them together and there it is! Serve it with fresh strawberries (or other fresh fruit) and you have a beautiful, simple spring dessert.


Strawberries. Only 50 calories in a cupful. High in fiber, potassium and vitamin C. Isn't it great when something that tastes so good is actually good for you?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails