Sunday, July 11, 2010

Support Your Local Farmers!


I could almost be a locavore in the summer. My brother's vegetable stand has...

 
Potatoes,

 
squash,

 
tomatoes,

 
green beans,

 
lovely eggplant,

 
sweet corn (my favorite),

 
watermelon, carrots, beets,

 
blackberries,

 
blueberries and peaches... and lots more!

 In addition to all of this bounty, my girls give me eggs. I can get beef, chicken and seafood locally. (I also have a freezer full of venison- can't get much more local than my back yard.)

Alas though, chocolate, coffee, and lemons would be a problem. And I'm not about to give them up. Locavore or not, please support your local farmers by buying fresh produce at local vegetable stands and farmers markets. Promote the connection of fresh local food and the local farms and farmers that supply it by voting for your favorite farmers market here-

Local Food and Local Farms

11 comments:

  1. Your brother's vegetable stand is gorgeous! There's nothing as delicious as fresh, local produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great veggie stand.
    I'm enjoying very much all these market tours.
    Ours is slowly starting to fill up and can't wait to share it to.

    Great charming photos.

    Have a great week and flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous green market. Your photos of it are wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all of that!! I wish I had a wonderful farmer's market close by like that one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love farmer's markets! Even if I am traveling, I like to stop and purchase something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard NOT to be a locavore with all of this fantastic produce around. What a bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray for the farmer's market and hooray for virginia--she's an awesome state. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful farmers market. You can not beat the taste of fresh local produce.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great produce stand! And sweet corn is my favorite in the summer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great market...love the post:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails