Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Vanilla Salted Peanut Cookies

  
     It's cookie time! It's been a long time since this little space has gotten any attention, but after these cookies came out of the oven I knew I had to share them. Who can resist chunky vanilla oatmeal cookies loaded with salty peanuts and white chocolate? Think PayDay candy bars, only with a little crunch around the edges instead of the chew. I didn't think of it until after I made these, but I think a little sprinkle of Fleur de Sel on top would make them extra special.

    School has been keeping me extra busy these days, but I'm going to try to make time to share some of my old and new favorite cookies in time for the holidays. Hope to see you soon!

Betty

Vanilla Salted Peanut Cookies
from The Baking Sheet (King Arthur Flour) Spring 2013

Ingredients
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 large eggs
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups salted peanuts
1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Cream together butter, shortening and brown sugar.
  • Mix in the eggs, oats, and vanilla
  • Whisk baking soda into flour
  • Incorporate flour mixture into the butter/oat mixture
  • Mix in peanuts and white chocolate
  • Scoop by Tablespoons (I used a medium sized scoop) onto parchment covered baking sheets.
  • Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown at the edges. (Longer baking times make a crunchier cookie, if that's what you prefer.)
  • Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
  • Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen cookies





12 comments:

  1. Well it certainly has been a long time since you've posted. It's nice to see you back. I hope you're doing well. These cooking do sound tasty and ones I'll have to be sure to file away until next time when I decide to make a batch of cookies. Glad you decided to share them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back, and with a very winning recipe, too! these look amazing! white chocolate gets me every time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious, Betty! I would love to try them and I think the sprinkle of fleur del sel would be amazing. Good to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad you shared this cookie recipe, nice to have a blog post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these cookies sound amazing! I'm always looking for new cookie recipes and this would be an excellent addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was SO good to see a comment from you, my friend. These cookies look fabulous---I'm a sucker for anything with white chocolate chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see you back to posting again!
    Those cookies looks great! The perfect "anytime" snack" to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!!!! So good to have you back again :) Love these cookies and have missed you tons. Enjoy this gorgeous weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you BACK!! These cookies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Betty...yes it has been a long time...good to see you back :)
    I love the idea of salty and sweet and these cookies are the perfect examples...thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails