Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Globs


Neither judge a book by its cover, nor a cookie by its name! While the moniker "Glob" is not commonly associated with a cookie jar confection, this is a delicious exception to the rule.

Lots of chocolate, walnuts, pecans and peanut butter chips all held together by just a bit of flour, make a huge chunky brownie-like cookie that just begs for a nice tall glass of cold milk.

This recipe comes from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Foolproof. No need to chill the dough, so you can have these ready on short notice, when you have a chocolate craving that just won't quit. Now how easy is that?


Chocolate Peanut Butter Globs
recipe from Barefoot Contessa Foolproof

Ingredients
6 Tblsp. unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
2  oz. unsweetened chocolate
2 extra large eggs
1 Tblsp. instant espresso powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup + 1 Tblsp. all purpose flour (I have also used gluten free flour with good success.)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1 cup whole walnut halves (NOT chopped)
1 cup whole pecan halves (NOT chopped)
2/3 cup peanut butter chips

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 325 F.
  • In the top part of a double boiler over hot water, melt the butter, the unsweetened chocolate, and 6 oz. of the chocolate chips. Stir until just melted. Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes. You don't want it to cook your eggs!
  • In a small bowl, stir together 1/3 cup flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  • In another bowl, mix together walnuts, pecans, peanut butter chips, remainder of the chocolate chips and 1 Tblsp. flour. Set aside.
  • In the bowl of an electric mixer (paddle attachment), mix together the eggs, espresso powder and vanilla extract.
  • Add sugar to egg mixture. Beat (medium-high) for two minutes until the batter is thick and falls back on itself in a ribbon.
  • With mixer on low, add cooled, melted chocolate mixture to egg mixture until combined.
  • Fold in the flour mixture with a spatula.
  • Fold in nuts and chips.
  • With two soup spoons (or a large cookie scoop) drop mixture onto parchment covered cookie sheets.
  • Bake exactly 15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet.
  • Yield: 20-22 large cookies

41 comments:

  1. These sound fantastic. What's not to love with a combo of chocolate and peanut butter. My family will love these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Betty, These sound wonderful!! Chocolate and peanut butter are a perfect combo. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I'd love a glob or three:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe had me at "not chopping the nuts"!! I'd like a glass of cold milk please.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think chocolate is the only thing I really crave anymore. I can live without french fries and chips - but chocolate - oh wonderful chocolate! These look and sound wonderful. A cold glass of milk and these are a dream come true! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glob might not be the first word I think of when I'm baking, but if it's an Ina recipe it's bound to be wonderful. Can't believe I haven't come across this recipe before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Love this recipe, esp. with those walnut and pecan halves and not little bits! What's not to love about those little goodies, except the calories. :-) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ina's recipes they always seem to turn out, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty,

    I love Ina. If she says foolproof, I have to believe her... Your chocolate PB globs look wonderful. With milk, these must be heavenly!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter-then walnuts and pecans too! Love it.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this kind of cookie, chock full of everything I love! This one really does cover everything in one beautiful mouthful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe never has a glob sounded more appealing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. i don't know, i think 'glob' has a nice ring to it. LOVE the mix-ins--peanut butter chips are my new favorite thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound wonderful! I may have to make my Valentine a special treat that I might share with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate + Peanut Butter = one of my favorite dessert combos! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, my. These look a bit wicked. Nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can't go wrong with one of Ina's recipes--especially one with your endorsement! These are the yummiest globs I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Those look divine. But then, Ina's recipes can't be beat/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm into globs when they're really code for these cookies! Chocolate + peanut butter = heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These cookies look fabulous! Bet they are addictive with all the divine ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the sound and the look of this...whatever you call, just the thought of biting into lots of nuts and peanut butter chips make me want to try...
    Thanks for the recipe Betty...enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect combination. Cookies look so delicious. I would love to try out the recipe. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! I am sitting in class waiting for it to start and what I wouldn't give for one of these! These look like pure sin wrapped up in one delicious cookie! I need to make these this weekend when I am not alone and won't eat the whole batch myself!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! I am sitting in class waiting for it to start and what I wouldn't give for one of these! These look like pure sin wrapped up in one delicious cookie! I need to make these this weekend when I am not alone and won't eat the whole batch myself!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These globs look delicious, everything I could want in a dessert plus I could carry it in my pocket :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  26. These chunky cookies are full of all kinds of good things. Ina's recipes are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have made these. It is a funny name for such a wonderful cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Ina Garten's Foolproof ..haven't tried this recipe yet but doesn't surprise me that they are good, her recipes are the best! Ps great name for a cookie jar kind of cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. These looks wonderful! And so little flour! My daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that they're called 'globs', they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  31. MMMmmmmm! I'm loving these globs of goodness! The name says it all!
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great recipe, sounds so delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the idea of adding espresso powder to these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  34. All healthy ingredients into one package with chocolate too hmm awesome

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yum! Who could resist these cookies ? Glob is a cute name - and best of all - we love all the ingredients in these globs! Great recipe !! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Chocolate and peanut butter is my very favorite combination! These cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It looks sooo yummy. Very nice and tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, what a great combination of flavors. I have that cookbook, but missed this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG. Looks so comforting ! I can't wait to give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Okay, so I liked the post just going by the picture. Now I’m going to read the post & print out the recipe. Oh my goodness they look so good!
    Easy healthy food recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by scrambled hen fruit! I appreciate all of your comments and look forward to reading them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails